TALISAY, BATANGAS–In the ever-evolving landscape of professional development, the need to enhance and adapt one’s skill set becomes a strategic necessity of the Kapit-Bisig Laban Sa Kahirapan–Comprehensive and Integrated Delivery of Social Services (KALAHI-CIDSS) in MIMAROPA Region for staying competitive, and relevant.
The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Field Office MIMAROPA through the Capacity Building Unit of KALAHI-CIDSS ended the year with a 4-day skill upscaling toward increased proficiency, and innovation in facilitation and multimedia productions last December 18-22, 2023 in Leonidas Resort, Talisay, Batangas.
The regional staff was pre-grouped into factions called Abnegation (Yellow), Amity (Green), Dauntless (Red), and Erudite (Blue). Each faction had a designated mentor providing guidance and an oversight ensuring smooth coordination during all activities.
Highlights of the training:
- Intra-Interpersonal Focus: Participants immersed themselves in team-building exercises curated around self-awareness and interpersonal relationships. Facilitated by Dunhill Angelo Maraya, Training Specialist III, this segment laid the foundation for collaborative growth.
- Group Dynamics and Leadership Essentials: Engr. Marvin Trillana, Capacity Building Unit Head, delved into Group Dynamics and Team Essentials. Participants discovered their unique personality styles and behavioral patterns, fostering transformational leadership potential.
- Creative Expression Through Photography: Led by Pia Centeno, Social Marketing Unit Head, a portrait mobile photography session allowed participants to appreciate each other’s work and convey individual identities which enhanced their ability to visually communicate and document stories.
- Facilitation and Presentation Skills: Participants honed their facilitation and presentation skills through interactive sessions, culminating in simulated facilitation where unexpected scenario-based exercise tested their ability to manage interventions effectively.
- Team Building Challenges: The participants engaged in ten (10) extensive team-building exercises in the great outdoors. This departure from the routine office environment posed challenges that tested their abilities in problem-solving, collaboration, and leadership toward stronger connections among team members.
- Video Documentary Screening: An evening featured the screening of video documentaries conceptualized, shot, and edited by the participants, showcasing their experiences throughout the training. These storytelling skills can empower them to share and amplify the success stories and good practices of the KALAHI-CIDSS.
- Fellowship: The program concluded with a fellowship, recognizing outstanding achievements during the training. The Amity (Green team) emerged as the overall KALAHI-CIDSS Upscaling and Team Building 2023 Champion, securing the highest points across various activities.
Armed with the newfound knowledge and skills, strengthened team dynamics, and enhanced communication abilities directly contribute to the regional staff’s capability to connect, engage, and drive Community-Driven Development (CDD) Champions within the region. It reinforces them to make a more profound and effective impact on CDD Institutionalization.